South Asians are Built Different
On average South Asians have more body fat, especially on the abdomen.1
This is primarily due to an adaptation to famine, which occurred regularly in South Asia for at least 5000 years as a result of unpredictable weather patterns.2
On average South Asians have less lean mass, which includes muscle.
This is likely because muscle is metabolically expensive and burns a lot of calories, which is not a good thing when food is scarce. This was exacerbated by an early adoption of agriculture and low protein/vegetarian diets.3
Modern South Asian Diets and Lifestyles are not supportive of good health
Modern South Asians diets are excessively high in western/processed foods, carbohydrates and vegetable oils while being low in protein. Add to that a sedentary lifestyle and you have a recipe for heart disease, diabetes and similar conditions as well as high body fat and low muscle mass. Making our naturally fat storing bodies even worse.
With our 3 step Transformation Program
Phase 1 - Recomposition and Fat Loss (3 months+)
The first step towards reversing insulin resistance so that your body stores more of the food you eat in your muscles and less in fat is to reduce your body fat levels and increase muscle mass. Phase 1 Fat Loss is designed to take you from any body fat level down to approx. 11-12% body fat for males and 21-23% for females while gaining muscle in the process. At this level of body fat you will look and feel great and if you're satisfied with your appearance you can jump straight to Phase 3, but if you want to get even leaner, Phase 2.
The South Asian Strong Program Works
- Designed specifically to solve the unique issues South Asian face due to their genetics and lifestyle.
- 24/7 access to the South Asian Strong App where all your workouts will be delivered and tracked.
- Exercise and nutrition plans customized to your experience level, equipment and dietary preferences
- Recipe guide and meal plans for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians
- Exercise form checks by South Asian Strong Coaches on our discussion forum.
- Members only transformation community to share progress, ask questions, and exchange exercise, diet and lifestyle tips
- Weekly live Q&A to answer commonly asked questions.
- Flexible workout schedule and meal plan to accommodate busy lifestyles
- Month to month subscription, no contract, results guaranteed.
Transformation Coaching Programs
Thanks @Gurneet!! The before pic feels like ages ago 😂
-N. Nandigam. 28M
None of my old jeans fit thanks to South Asian Strong :) I’m now wearing 28 waist . I think I last wore 28 when I was a teenager:) and it’s been a while 😀
-A. Gaur. 40M
Eating more but staying lean. After a nearly a year in, I am able to eyeball portion sizes. Also my skin has improved since starting the South Asian Strong Program.
-V. Dogra. 29M
Nikhil did everything right, worked out 3-4 times a week, followed the flexible nutrition principles laid out in the meal plan and trusted the process.
Nik’s transformation is a perfect example months of what following the first phase of the Transformation Program looks like.
Expect to lose lots of body fat while gaining muscle and strength and only spending 3 hours in the gym per week.
We are now moving onto phase 2, stubborn fat protocol for 4-6 weeks to lose that last bit of lower abdominal fat while preserving the muscle he gained. After that, it’s time to rebuild!